How to Guides
How to use Transkribus - in 10 steps (or less)
This paper and video give newcomers a basic overview of how to work with the Transkribus platform.
- Paper - How To use Transkribus - in 10 steps (or less)
- Video - How To use Transkribus - in 10 steps (or less)
How To Papers
These papers provide a more detailed introduction to Transkribus and should answer some of your initial questions.
- How To Transcribe Documents with Transkribus
- How To Prepare Test Projects with Transkribus - for Archives and Libraries
- How To Use Existing Transcriptions to train a Handwritten Text Recognition model
- How To Process Tables in Transkribus
- How To Train a Handwritten Text Recognition Model in Transkribus
- How To Transcribe Documents with Transkribus - Keyword Spotting
- How To Export documents from Transkribus
- How To enrich transcribed documents with mark-up
Download Example Package
- Download the Example Package. It is a ZIP file and consists of six pages where we explain and show some of the most important rules for transcribing text. You can upload these pages to Transkribus and play around with them!
- Download also the export files of the Example Package as they can be produced by Transkribus at any time. You will find
- a PDF file with image in the foreground, text in the background, extra text pages and highlighted tags
- a TEI XML file for experts (XML tagged according to the Text Encoding Initiative)
- a Word File with line breaks according to the original document and highlighted tags
Questions and Answers
In the Questions and Answers section we try to respond to some of the common questions of new users. The Q&A gives you a good impression on the variety of issues which come up but which can also be solved when transcribing a text with Transkribus.